Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

California Diary: Time to say Goodbye to California

Today is Tuesday morning. I came in exactly 4 weeks back! I came in with a bit of anxiety and nervousness. It took me some time to settle down.

 

By now I know most of the roads around my hotel and office. I know a lot of good hotels and I can tell you what you should buy and where. I know how best I should manage my time so that I get some overlapping hours with team in India.

 

But then, it happens to all of us; doesn't it? Just when you begin think you are settling in, it is time to move on.

 

Had good time in California and met whole lot of people. Made few good friends! Got to learn a lot of things about business and society. Time to go home! Just 3 more days to go!

 

I have made more than 40 foreign tours so far. This includes trips to USA, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, Australia, even East Asia. Sometimes, I have been accompanied by my family and colleagues. Most of the times though, I was alone! I have experienced this moment in all my tours.

 

The moment you start your journey back, becomes a milestone of that journey! In your return journey you have so many memories, so many incidences, and 'to do lists' cluttering your mind! You even change your frame of mind to "home." Just like you change the currency notes from US$ to Indian Rupees.

 

Life can go on for years, without any noticeable change. But even a 3-day tour can give you this feeling of 'a milestone.'

 

After all these tours the experience of "going home" is still so intense! It is wonderful! That experience is worth the entire effort of the tour.

 

A tour "discharges the physical battery" and "charges the emotional battery."

 

Well, life goes on...and one day, just when you think you have started understanding 'life,' when you are getting used to it, and finally will be able to make some sense of it, it will be time to go Home! Then, a new tour will begin again, a new life...a new blog...

No comments: